Sunday, September 30, 2012

Corporate Speak Explained


  • CASUAL WORK ATMOSPHERE:  We don’t pay enough to expect that you’ll dress up-well, a couple of the real daring guys wear earrings.
  • COMPETITIVE SALARY: We remain competitive by paying less than our competitors.
  • DUTIES WILL VARY:  Anyone in the office can boss you around.
  • GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS:  Management communicates, and you figure out what they want and do.
  • I AM ADAPTABLE:  Ive changed jobs a lot.
  • I AM EXTREMELY ADEPT AT ALL MANNER OF OFFICE ORGANIZATION: Ive used Microsoft Office.
  • I AM EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL:  I carry a Day-Timer.
  • I AM HONEST, HARD-WORKING AND DEPENDABLE: I pilfer office supplies.
  • I AM PERSONABLE:  I give lots of unsolicited personal advice to co- workers.
  • I TAKE PRIDE IN MY WORK:  I blame others for my mistakes.
  • JOIN OUR FAST-PACED COMPANY:  We have no time to train you.
  • MUST BE DEADLINE ORIENTED:  Youll be six months behind schedule on your first day.
  • MUST HAVE AN EYE FOR DETAIL:  We have no quality control.
  • MY PERTINENT WORK EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:  I hope you don’t ask me about all the McJobs Ive had.
  • PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS A MUST:  Youre walking into a company in perpetual chaos.
  • REQUIRES TEAM LEADERSHIP SKILLS:  Youll have the responsibilities of a manager, without the pay or respect.
  • SOME OVERTIME REQUIRED:  Some time each night and some time each weekend.

No comments: